Centre for Peace Advancement and Socio-Economic Development (CPAED) is a Nigeria-registered non-governmental, non-profit, peacebuilding and capacity enhancement Organization with its operational office in Kaduna state and liaisons across states in six (6) geopolitical zones of Nigeria with wide range of stakeholders’ network at the community, State and National levels. CPAED works directly with community to achieve disaster-risk reduction and prevent violent-conflict/extremism that leads to mass atrocity and address socio-economic problems of vulnerable, underprivileged and marginalized women, girls and youth by empowering them to become responsive and build a brighter future. The Centre, brings together diverse people, organizations and Institutions across religious, ethnical, cultural and political lines to work for, alongside and in partnership with others to the promote peace, active tolerance, and cooperation. We strengthen local capacities for demand-driven engagement and support human rights processes to end unsavory behaviours, beliefs and harmful practices in Nigeria.
As a grass root peace building, gender development, Advocacy and Human right, organization; our reputation is founded on the ability to use Training, Dialogue, Sports, Arts and Empowerment as entry point to carry out wide range of Conflict transformation programs within religious, ethnic and gender context which transform mindset to create harmonious environment and contribute positively to Nation building.
A society of transformed people in actively tolerant communities, working for sustainable peace and development of mankind.
Committed to advancing peace and development by empowering and supporting grass root, communities and individuals to perform optimally to create harmonious environment and contribute positively to Nation building.
- To strengthen local, systemic and structural capacity towards the attainment of peace and development in Nigeria.
- To support and empower people with practical life skills to become productive and contribute to nation building.
- To prevent conflict and disaster in the communities through Early warning, Early Response and conflict resolution approach.
- To provide counseling, psychosocial and Nutritional supports to women, youth and children who are distressed and malnourished.
- To promote integrated Rural and Urban development program
- Integrity and Modesty
- Equal Representation and Inclusion
- Team work and commitment
- Transparency and Accountability
Drivers Of Change
Scope Of Work
The Centre will work in selected communities within Kaduna State, Nigeria and beyond thereby focusing on:
- Peace building/Conflict Resolution / Early warning, Early Response Mechanism.
- Leadership, Democracy and Good Governance.
- Women and Youth empowerment and development.
- Human Rights/ Child Protection
- Counseling, Psychosocial support and Nutrition
- Research and Documentation
- Meeting and discussion
- Community Participation and Engagement
- Training and Capacity building
- Research and Publication
- Media engagement
CPAED has Board of Trustee and Directors as governing body that makes policies and decisions with strong management team. The Centre’s management and leadership are democratic, transparent and accountable for utmost results and performances. Through it all, we have seen how our services have open doors, build stronger communities for peace.
Our collaborative and strategic partnership is build upon comprehensive, holistic, cooperative approaches. Hence, we are positioned to work collaborate with and maintain cordial relationship with broad range of international, National, State and non -state actors in Nigeria and beyond to create Peaceful and Developed Society. We look forward having an opportunity to work with you in order to demonstrate our professional competence and expertise.